Wednesday 21 May 2008

The ease to my hardship...

That’s right people the ease is finally here, in the past 3 months of uni I think I’ve done more work than the entire three years of my uni life put together. There’s been course essays, exams, and of course collecting participants for the infamous dissertation, all with their fair share of hardships. Every time I felt like giving up I thought of the hardship/ease saying, I thought of the moment I would walk out of my last exam, just the mere thought of it was enough to fill me with euphoria. When the actual time came however “euphoric” doesn’t quite seem like the correct adjective, I think “exhaustion” and “relief” are more adequate. To be honest I was too tired to be euphoric, which after all is a state of mind that requires a lot of energy. Plus the fact that my companions were adamant that they had failed their exams and made sure that everybody else knew about it did no favours to my mood. Yes I think relief is the word, I’m just glad it’s over…

However there is no rest for the “wicked” and the few days that I have been uni free have been rammed full of other stuff, so much so I haven’t had time to sit down and take stock of things. Yesterday I had an induction meeting thingy for the play/crèche supply work I’ve started doing, and the woman didn’t, waste any time in making good use of me. In fact in the hour of me being there she had already received 4 requests for supply staff , however there was only one supply worker i.e. moi, so I was to be put to work straight away. However that’s a story for another post and I will be bogging about my first 2 placements ASAP. Other news, we’re going to Belgium tomorrow, I wasn’t going to take my laptop as I was going to take a travel journal that Ymiss had kindly given me, write my thoughts etc in there and then blog when I get back. However for the past few days I haven’t been using it as much and I’ve missed it, I’m not sure whether I could got 10 days without it, but then again I’d have to take the charger and the case as well, and we don’t know for sure if there’s wireless were we’re going to stay. Either way, sooner or later you, dear reader will read about our meanderings through Brussels complete with lots of pictures.

5 comments:

Atypical said...

wow i've just discovered a new gadget thingy on blogger. you can actually type up the post and schedule it for when you want it to publish the post. So i think i'll type up a few posts if get the time and then schedule them to publish while i'm in Belguim.
That way i don't have to take my laptop, and you won't have to wait 10 days for me to post. Ymiss that should keep you occupied for abit...

Anonymous said...

Noooooo take your laptop. You can at least type your entries up while your there and post them as soon as you near some wi-fi.

I finish on the 3rd, feels like a lifetime left.

Atypical said...

That was a quick comment! i only just put it up!

hhmmmm yeh i'm still undecided, my brother wanted to put some games on it and take it too i might get him to carry it for me then....

Anonymous said...

TAKE IT, TAKE IT, TAKE IT! i'm touched your taking your travel journal...i want lots of pics! Might just miss you

yanmaneee said...

fila
nike 270
nike air max
jordan shoes
coach outlet online
nike air max 2018
curry 5 shoes
adidas gazelle sale
golden goose mid star
off white jordan 1