Friday 16 November 2007

Fabric...

Went to Abahkhans in Manchester today, it's an amazing shop crammed full of fabrics, buttons, ribbons and lots of other lovely crafty things that made Ymiss shake with excitment :). It made me realise how i love fabric shopping, even if i don't by any!!, just looking at the vast amounts of prints, designs and colours made me happy!!. However i didn't always have this love affair with fabric, I remember when i was younger i used to despise going to fabric shops with my mum, i hated it with a passion. When my mum did manage to force me to go with her, i anticipated the moment i would get out of the shop and breathe fresh air, i can't believe i used to be like that! anway Ymiss should we do the fabric swap thing?? should we say about 10 different fabrics? to be swapped whenever we next see each other? i'l leave with some amazing photos i found on clip art...


2 comments:

YMiss said...

That place took my breath away!! Can't belive such a 'weird shop' could hold so much inspiration. I've been buzzing with ideas all day long. Manged to write afew down. Figured out in my head how I would use the bag handles and have been dreaming of what fabric I would use how sad is that!!

10 swatches sounds fine. I'll begin collecting xx

Atypical said...

haha glad you were inspired