Saturday 14 April 2007

Kids and the things they do!

Children never fail to amaze me. A few examples....

(WARNING: if you are eating then don't read this!! i repeat do not read this!)

Example 1:
My cousins had come back from their holiday in Portugal, As it was lunch time we thought we'd take them some food as my auntie was probably too tired to cook anything ( it was a take away we couldn't be bothered to cook either). So there we all were sitting at the dining table eating and catching up as you do. Then my little cousin (he's 6) decides to add his tuppence worth to the conversation, although unlike most he was talking AND eating at the same time. His dad reminded him that you don't talk with your mouth full, so my cousin (being the little genius that he is) calmly took out the partially masticated contents of his mouth and stored it safely in his tiny yet tightly closed wrist, finished what he had previously started to say and carefully replaced the hand full of "stuff" (I'm sorry but that is the only way to describe it) back in his mouth, as if it was perfectly normal to do this. (At the time the whole table erupted with laughter but in hindsight it was disgusting.)........ The logic of a child is an amazing thing.

Example 2
An earlier incident occurred last week. We had been given the DVD of my dad's cousin's son's (lol!) wedding and we thought it would be a great chance for all the women to get together and watch/laugh at/gossip about the film. So we did. The chosen venue was at my grandma's, the night started off with a takeaway and then me and my sister proceeded to the front room to put the DVD on (and no it doesn't take two of us to put a DVD on before someone mentions it we just both went at the same time). Now my uncle has an x-box which also plays DVDs, however the x-box was currently in use by two of my cousins (again young ones, 5 and 6) so we patiently waited for them to finish the level they were on, well... OK we didn't wait till they finished the level my sister got impatient half way through and then turned the game off. In response to this my sister was labelled a MEANIE BIKINI. This cracked me up i found it hilarious yet once i had stopped laughing i was quite surprised at how a 6 year old would have heard the word bikini, i for one hadn't heard of the word until well into primary school. Also something that has just occurred to me i can't believe a 5 and 6 year old were playing on an x-box!!. Childhood doesn't last as long nowadays...


(P.S. something else I've just realised in both instances a takeaway was consumed....maybe it's something in the food?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was sssooo funny i still cnt believe she called me a meanie bikini, and taking the half chewed food out of his mouth was disgusting but i couldnt stop laughin.LOL.

YMiss said...

ewwwwwww!! hahaha kids are amazing I love em!

Anonymous said...

I was going to mention the takeaway connection! Thats not fair, you always seem to have one, I haven't had one for aaaaages. I want pizza, mmm pizza.

The food thing was disgusting. Just disgusting. And that was really mean of your sis to turn off the xbox like that! Its never happened to me but I can share their frustration. Meanie bikini indeed.

hema said...

hey what happened to the post with the spelling mistakes? i thought that was funny. please tell me people weren't insulted by it!